- We offer an award winning consultative approach to medical indemnity insurance for professionals with previous claims or disciplinary actions against them
- Each profession and circumstance is different so our policies are tailored precisely to your needs
- Exclusive schemes for medical experts with comprehensive union based cover
A small selection of medical experts we help place indemnity for:
- General Practitioners
- Cosmetic Practitioners
- Allied Health Networks
Industry wide cover
Depending on your profession and circumstance we can advise, assist and represent you for proceedings including:
- Disciplinary committee of a professional body e.g. GMC, GDC
- Full Out of Hours cover
- Health authority or primary care trust
- Health board or primary care trust
- Service complaint proceedings or NHS tribunal
- Inquest proceedings or fatal accident enquiry
What we cover you for
Medical indemnity insurance cover includes acts or omissions in the course of your professional duties. This can include injury, misdiagnosis, delays in referral, physical or mental harm to a patient. It doesn’t cover against incidents that occurred before the life of your policy.
Protection against unsuccessful claims
Our insurance is designed to protect you through your claim, even if unsuccessful. This means that even the legal fees arising from defending an unsuccessful claim can be covered, excluding any claim for treatment undertaken under NHS Trust Indemnity or its equivalent.
'Run off' cover
We can approach our insurers with a view to providing retrospective cover. In order to ensure your past work is protected. As due to the statute of limitation, a patient has up to 3 years to make a claim, from the time they become aware of the error, and then another 3 years from the point they intimate a claim. Therefore it is important you’re protected during this time regardless of if you are working or not.